Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Eaton T-14607B shifting issue

Thanks for the input, the flywheel checks with a straight edge I didn't have a flywheel turning tool to do a run-out check. The p/n is a 209701-82, the cross shafts have about .010 half concentric wear at the worst spot left side. the clutch fork ears look very good. The clutch brake was still good it was covered in dirt and grease it looked worn out. After i got it out and inspected it the material was still there just grease covered. It is being replaced.

The input shaft where it goes in the pilot bearing looks like it has no wear it measures 1.160 and the pilot bearing new measures 1.180 twenty thousandth clearance seems alot?
    I went and checked to see if the clutch hub fit in the flywheel and it does. But i discovered that the clutch hub is what pushed in the seal of the pilot bearing. It is distorted and not flat like the seal on the bearing should be. Its being replaced anyhow.
    The disks slide free on the shaft there is some wear that can be felt on the splines.
    The forward clutch is the one with the outer edges burned.
    Thanks for your help!! it is appreciated.

That's a Eaton Solo clutch you have there and it is rated at 1700 ft lbs-that's what the 82 stands for. The first numeral 2 is a two year warranty.
    You could put that back in but a nice easy pedal manual adjust would be the way to go. Just my two cents.

Truck Shop

It seems this is Eaton solo advantage is there latest and greatest lol. 1700 lb is what I came up with too. I am looking into getting a K-2468 kit and changing the input shaft,clutch fork and related stuff.

Smart way to go, less problems that way.

Truck Shop

Turns out the input shaft was worn .020 at the pilot bearing and you could see inside the pilot bearing the fretting chatter.
    That In my opinion is why the the outer edges of the fwd clutch where burned and that may have been why the pilot bearing was displaced aft. The cross shafts are good only .005 wear the bushings are still at final ream +- .005.
    It is interesting to note that the p/n kit above was for a 10 speed I believe. Eaton says they don't have enough demand for the 7 speed to build wear kits for clutch r&r.had to buy the input shaft separate. Even at $200 for the kit it's still a value.
    Spent a lot of time cleaning, Truck Shop you were right they just slammed a clutch in and when it didn't work the freight company sold it lol.
    Pictures to follow.
    Last edited by Jet A Fuel; 01-25-2017 at 08:28 PM.

The transmission you have is not very common so having to buy the input shaft separate is not uncommon. I think the gear sets inside are very different
    compared to most other gear boxes Eaton builds. IIRC the PTO gears on the counter shafts have a different tooth count than your standard RT transmission.
    And that is not uncommon that the nose dowel on the input was worn that bad, common for high mileage transmissions. And for the most part Eaton
    replacement parts are not that expensive.

Truck Shop

I am amazed it shifts so good now and no clunking into gear. I can't thank you all enough for the words of wisdom!! You guys really helped me out!!

Attachment 1592

Attachment 1593

New input shaft and all cleaned up LOL

Attachment 1594

Great I'm glad it worked out.

Truck Shop

Guys... I totally missed this one. Good that it all worked out. Guess I gotta figure out how to get new threads to show up.

OOPS. I just found out if you click "what's new" you get that info. DUH.
    Last edited by rzucker; 01-27-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Wondered what happened, you usually chime in.

Truck Shop